Saturday, January 22, 2011

Body Acne Treatment Simplified

It's normal this time of year for your skin to behave badly. I'm talking about those of us who have trouble with skin blemishes. For me, the acne occurs mainly on my back. This is good and bad. As an adult, it's better than having breakouts on my face. However, the pain and irritation of acne on my back are real nevertheless.

In previous years, my body acne treatment routine was, how shall I say, "complex." This year, I've reduced the ritual to only 8 steps -- my checklist. This makes it easier for me to actually follow my self prescribed acne treatment plan. So far so good. If you are still with me, here are some tips that I've learned along my journey to getting rid of my acne.

Don't Do This If You Want Clear Skin:

#1 Wash Your Face Too Often

Washing your face too often causes overly dry skin. Dry skin is more sensitive and flakey. This will block your pores and cause more acne. Counter intuitive but true.

#2 Scrub Your Skin Hard

If you scrub your face and/or back too hard with a towel or washcloth, you will irritate your skin. This tends to cause more acne. So wash with lukewarm water and pat dry. I spray a skin cleanser detox on my skin after I wash to kill the P. acnes. More on this later.

#3 Not Clean Your Sweaty Skin

Working out, doing chores around the house, dancing, etc. can cause you to sweat. The heat and the sweat is a great environment for bacteria to grow on your skin. Disgusting! So wash your face, neck, and back after sweating, but don't use a chemical wash as those tend to dry you out.

#4 Pop Your Zits

They are tempting and ugly, I know. I've had my fair share on my face, my neck and on my back. But as tempting as they may be, popping them can irritate your skin and push the pus deeper into your pore. Not to mention scarring. When I have an outbreak, I simply spray a skin detox on my zit and they go down the very next day.

#5 Not Shampoo Your Hair

What?? Oil from your hair can seep down onto your face. This can cause more zits. So shampoo your hair and change your pillow case every couple of days. The same holds for your sheets and your back.

#6 Get Hair Styling Aids On Your Face and Back

Gel, mousse, hairspray are great for styling your hair, but they are bad for your face and back. These things can clog your pores. Just cover your face and back when putting on the hairspray.

#7 Eat Food With Alot of Sugar and High in Grease

Eating the proper foods is good for your body and your skin. Avoid foods with a lot of sugar because they can create an environment in your body that make it easier for acne bacteria to grow. About the grease, you and I know that it is bad in so many ways.

#8 Use Skincare Products That Have Unhealthy Oils and Chemicals

Look, this was my biggest lesson. When I switched from using products like makeup, moisturizers, and acne medications that had alcohol and chemicals to natural ingredients, my acne went away. That's the truth! It's okay to have oil in your skincare products. Olive oil, Tea oil, glycerin, sorbitol are okay. Avoid, alcohol in your products because they dry you out. Benzoyl peroxide is especially harsh on your skin.

That's all I wanted to share today. I hope that you too will benefit from my lessons learned.

Nikki Sweetnam is a regular contributor to the online beauty magazine OneLookMag.com. The skin cleanser detox that she mentioned for her body acne treatment can be found at Beauté Claire.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nikki_Sweetnam

No comments: