Thursday, April 14, 2011

Helpful Tips For Acne Control

Acne is a topic that I am very familiar with as I am one of the many people who have struggled with it during many times in my life, especially during my school years. This made it very difficult for me at times to be around my friends or to concentrate on my studies. There were times when I did not even want to go to school or attend social events because of acne. As I think back, I wonder if I could of done more to prevent the flare-ups and agony that the acne caused. Here are a few suggestions that might help you to take better care of your skin and hopefully prevent acne from happening in the first place.

You should clean your skin with a mild cleanser twice a day, once in the morning and before you go to bed. If you exercise and build up a sweat, gently clean it off your skin. Make sure that you avoid using strong soaps and rough pads as hard scrubbing of your skin can make acne worse. Make sure that you wash your entire face and rinse thoroughly. You can remove make-up by gently washing your face with mild soap and water. Always check with your doctor before using an astringent.

* Make sure to wash your hair on a regular basis and if you have extra oily hair, you may want to wash it more frequently.

* This may be difficult, but do not squeeze pimples or zits as this can cause acne scars to your skin.

* Stay out of the sun as there are many acne medications on the market that make you more prone to getting sunburn. There are people who believe that the sun will help acne because the redness from the sunburn helps to make it less visible. The trouble with this is that too much sun will age your skin and increase your chances of developing skin cancer. If you are going to be out in the sun, use sunscreen of at least SPF 15 and try to shade yourself as much as possible.

* Buy make-up and products for your hair care that are non-acnegenic. These products are specially made so that they do not cause acne. You should also purchase products that are oil free.

* Avoid articles such as backpacks and other sports equipment that are going to be rubbing against your skin as much as possible as this irritates acne.

* Make an appointment with your doctor to discuss which acne treatment options are best for you and make sure that you take your medications as described. Call your doctor if you notice that your medicine is making your acne worse.

I hope that you found this information useful and if you would like more information on ways to live healthy, then please visit my healthy living web site where you will find great information to help you live a long and healthy life.

I am a 53 year old retired mill worker from Northern Maine. I am happily married with 3 wonderful boys. My main interests are my family and God. I own a healthy living web site with great information designed to help you live a healthier and longer life.

http://www.healthadmire.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brent_Cullen

http://aboutacne-story.blogspot.com/

No comments: